Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Trimester Screnning (OSCAR)

Hi, I'm 11 weeks 5 days old today. Mummy went for the First Trimester Screening (FTS) or OSCAR which was offered to them during the last visit. Daddy and Mummy had chosen the Package B which includes the Blood tests and the Nuchal Translucency (NT) screening. As the sonographer tries to measure me, she explains what was shown on the monitor to Daddy and Mummy. Daddy and Mummy could even see my brain on that screen.
My Nuchal Translucency (NT) measures 1.2mm which is within the normal range given my Crown-Rump Length (CRL). Together with the blood samples taken earlier, the results from the screening for Trisomy 21, Trisomy 18 and Trisomy 13 reveal that I'm in the low risk zone for all these three Chromosomal disorder.

I'll be a healthy baby. So don't worry Daddy and Mummy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment