Friday, August 20, 2010

Dating Scan

Today, Daddy and Mummy went for a dating scan. The objective of this scan is to determine how many weeks is Mummy pregnant and also to estimate the day I'll leave Mummy's womb.

Daddy and Mummy had a first look at my heartbeat on the monitor today. I'm exactly 9 weeks old today and I'm approximately 2 centimeters long from crown to rump. The estimated delivery date (or EDD) is in March 2011. Dr Loi also said everything was fine for both Mummy and me.

Mummy also got recruited into a research programme today. Growing Up in Singapore Towards Healthy Outcomes (GUSTO) is a research programme which aims to study how diet, lifestyle and genes relate to babies’ growth and development. So in some way, Mummy and I will be contributing to this research which could possible benefit the future generation. I'm so happy, I'm already doing a good deed before I was born.

In the next few weeks, my fingers, feet and vital organs will develop. So stay tune for the next ultrasound photo to see how I've develop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment